SDG Israel is an ally of the World Benchmark Alliance (WBA). We are glad to host WBA sharing their activities to enhance global business shifts.
What will we talk about?
The private sector has a crucial role to play in advancing the SDGs, but to boost companies’ motivation, there needs to be real change in the way that their impact is measured. That’s why the World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA) has set out to develop transformative benchmarks that compare companies’ performance on the SDGs.
This webinar will provide an overview of:
1. How the WBA operates, including its systems transformations and theory of change
2. The role of the Alliance, Systems
3. State of play of the diverse benchmarks
4. SDG2000, and the companies in scope.
Showcase a concrete case study on the Climate and Energy Benchmark – Automotive. Speaker: Pratik Desai, Strategic Engagement Lead, WBA
Pratik leads strategic engagement efforts for the WBA, working to grow and strengthen a diverse, balanced, and inclusive community of global allies and partners who believe in and understand the potential of benchmarks to drive transformative change.
We will present a Case study on the automotive benchmark: a journey with timeline from consultation and general trends that led to this benchmark, methodology and indicators, data collection, benchmark launch, post-launch engagement.
1. How to use this benchmark?
2. Practical examples of the potential for change of this specific benchmark.
3. Why it makes sense for companies to invest in this space both short-term and long-term.
Follow us | SDG Israel, promoting Impact and The Sustainable Development Goals in the Israeli business sector.